Many of you will have been wondering when or whether work was going to start on the new Hotel at the entrance to Quail Ridge, within the Airport Business Park.
I am please to report that Members of the Quail Ridge Residents Association (QRRA) executive met with Mr. Ted Callahan, President & CEO of
Argus Properties Ltd. Argus is the developer of the properties in the Airport
Business Park, which are located on the south side of Quail Ridge Boulevard., on the
right hand side approaching the Highway 97 traffic light. Mr Callahan was able
to give an update on the latest development plans for these properties.
Everyone will be pleased to know that plans have been finalized for a
Sheraton Four Points hotel to be built on the property to the south west of the
"Starbucks" building. The highlights for the hotel are:
- 6 stories high
- 120 rooms
- 4,000 sq. ft of meeting & ballroom space which will make it the 3rd
largest meeting space in Kelowna behind The Grande & Capri hotels
- they are negotiating to have a higher quality, brand name restaurant in the
hotel, but no name can be released yet as negotiations on that piece aren't
- there will also be an indoor pool and fitness facility in the hotel
- construction is expected to start in October 2011 with a target completion
date of November 2012
They also talked a lot about what they would like to see on the balance of their
- discussions are ongoing with Starbucks to see if they will move into the
- possibly develop a gas bar, convenience store.
- maybe some type of pub/liquor outlet, although nothing in the works at this
- more development of suburban office space for tenants such as engineering
firms, technology, etc.
This is really exciting news for the community, as it will have a very positive impact on the entrance to Quail Ridge, and should be a magnet to encourage other businesses into this area, as well as provide additional amenities for the Quail Ridge Community.
Tel 250 864 1707